[C38] Listserve Digest( auto prop or max Prop that is the question) Alden Andre

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 22:06:51 EDT 2010

I agree with the 3 blade maxiprop. I've only had TITTRAVATE for 3 seasons,
but I've had great control since I got her...especially reverse.

Steve Ribble

On Aug 10, 2010 9:50 PM, "Joseph Launie" <jlaunie at cox.net> wrote:

Alden,
   New I put a 2 blade max-prop on Macavity and it served for 18 years. Then
I had a high cross wind incident leaving the dock when I needed a lot of
power in reverse. I went to the 3 blade max prop and kick myself daily or
not getting it to start with. It is the classic which is $2,600. The $3,600
model can be adjusted in the water but is designed for 100 hp engines.  I
bought from the factory and they told me the proper setting. It seems to
work just fine. Great power and control in reverse and at slow speeds. I
picked up about a knot under power altho the manufacurer said i would not.
You might want to consider why Swan and Little harbor, builders of he most
expensive boats use the 3 blade max-prop standard.    Joe