[C38] Props

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Tue Oct 12 12:24:43 EDT 2010

In all seriousness here, if you are going to use a Martec Prop be sure to
use their cotter pins etc.  We actually lost a prop during a race, IT FELL
OFF, it was a Martec two blade folding prop.  Crossed the finish line,
started the engine, put it in gear and NOTHING!  LOL  First thought we had
lost the transmission but we looked and the shaft was turning so, NO PROP.
LOL

It was late, we were at Catalina Island doing that "there and back" race,
the maintenance barge was closed for the winter so what was one to do?  Sail
it back to Long Beach and into the slip.  Good practice here.  LOL  Got
another prop from David Epstine, you will note that I mention David a lot,
there is a reason for this.  David is somewhat of a pack rat but a
commensurate gentleman, he saves everything and boy does it come in handy
when you are looking for parts etc.

Steve S, go with the 25 inch it'll surprise you.

Best regards,
Larry Malmberg
Team Hassle

  _____