[C38] Spinnaker question

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu Oct 14 01:00:35 EDT 2010

Phil,

I typically go to 15 with a .75,  We have flown our .75 Asym in as much as 20+ but not for long, only an hour or so to get around the light ship at Swiftsure after our guy and sheet schackles blew on our larger chute and we decided not to pack it and rehoist as we would be beating back shortly. We have flown heavier chutes in as much as 30+ at about 155-160 but thats not a very relaxing down wind sail, lots and lots of steering to stay under the chute.  It was getting dark and we were running out of water quickly when we dropped it for good near Sheringham point.  I typically like to use the .75 to15 and a 1.5 to 25-30.

Steve
#312 Peregrine
Seattle