[C38] Pedestal

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Mon Nov 15 16:06:43 EST 2010

The compass guy I used recommended using one of the really dense cheap
mouse pads and cutting a new washer from that to isolate the stainless
ring from the aluminum post.  It worked great on Jace.  I just put the
mouse pad down sat the compass collar on it and traced off the circle.
Heavy scissors did the trick.

	One other neat thing I added to JACE was this rack made from PVC pipe
to hold the boathook, dinghy oars, scrubbrush, mop etc. (AUT_2108).

	I have also attached a photo of the steering quadrant taken from inside
the port lazerette.  I thought there was one of the pulleys on this same
series of photographs, but it is not there.  One of the things you will
notice in the steering quadrant is the talcum powder we dusted in there.
We were hunting a leak.  The powder shows leaks really well, and is good
for places like this.  It will puff out of the container easily and any
leak will show a trace right back to the source (or at least where it
got on that surface).

	I'll look later for the pulley photos.  I don't remember a plate on the
bottom of my pedestal, but I can't really get in there (5'6' 250lbs
doesn't fit in that lazerette without a lot of grunting and groaning.)

Regards,
Les H