[C38] Listserve Digest, Vol 6, Issue 369 Heater (alden andre)

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Nov 17 17:11:51 EST 2010

Below is a picture of my heater on the Mighty Quinn (the two guys in the
picture were part of my crew doing what we do best)!

This is the Dickenson Newport propane heater.  I like it because
installation is easy compared to the diesel types and it really does
heat the cabin.  It does not draw combustion air from the cabin, which
means I never have to worry about carbon monoxide or propane gasses.
I had one of their fireplaces on a previous boat that could burn wood or
coal, but the propane version is so much easier to use and keep clean.
Probably the best part is you can get right up next to it to warm up
(just like a stove).  Besides, my wife says they are pretty and really
do dry out the cabin.

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114
Great (frigid) Lakes