[C38] Inverter/Charger

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 16:19:19 EST 2010

Hey Larry,
I have a 10 year old Hart (now xantrex) 750w/ 25amp inverter/ charger. It works great.... Way better than it supposed to....
The microwave with the lower input power that I was able to find was 1050w, When i'm with shore power it is plugged to the boat a/c system, but the inverter wasn't big enough for this microwave, so without even testing it, I bought a 1500w inverter for the microwave only, so I'll switch the plug from the a/c boat outlet to the new inverter when at sea...
A month ago I went out on the boat with some friends, and I  forgot to switch the microwave plug.... the 750w was on and a friend started using the microwave. She heated some beans for 3 mins, and I noticed that when the micro sent a bip when the cycle ended... I went down in a hurry and noticed that everything was ok... The 750w inverter handled the 1050w load with no problem.... I know that they will handle large starting peaks, but in this case it handled the constant load for three minutes.....not bad for a ten year old inverter!!!!
If I have to buy one again, I'll go for another xantrex without even hesitate about it.
About the charger option, what can I say... It's 25amps three stage charger.... My batteries are always topped!!!not a single problem on this field...
Regards,
Max
Sent from my iPod