[C38] Through-Hull Fittings

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 28 12:31:44 EST 2010

	If you choose plastic, read the specifications very carefully.  Some
are not rated for below the waterline.  I don't know why anyone would
want one not rated for below waterline usage, but I know that some are
not.  Check out a book called "This Old Boat" for some other information
as well.

	You might want to read this forum as well:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f55/forespar-through-hulls-25403.html

I'm pretty old school, I chose the bronze mushroom fittings. Not as
sleek I know and you racers out there would bemoan the drag of them, but
the man at the yard wasn't sure what we would find when trying to recess
them into the 23 year old hull.

Regards,
Les H