[C38] Companionway Latch

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:09:46 EST 2011

Max's companionway door post raised a question that is probably best
directed to Larry or Steve, our TransPac guys...but any ideas are welcome.
 I assume the TrasPac is a ISAF Cat 1 or 2 race and thus requires being able
to secure and enter or exit the cabin from either inside or out.  The
question is, how are you addressing this?  At first I thought it was a
question that only applied to offshore racers, but really, it would be a
good safety feature for all of us.  It's a tough nut to crack if you want to
retain a [relatively] water tight attractive interior.

A related question is what about the safety equipment location diagram?  I
was going to trace something from the brochure pdf on the website, but the
quality makes it tough...does anyone have either a deck and/or cabin layout
drawing or high resolution image of the brochure?  This again, is something
we could all benefit from...a picture is worth more than 1,000 words when
the s#!t hits the fan and you can't leave the helm to show someone where
emergency gear is.

--
Steve Ribble
Tittravate C-38 #64