[C38] spreader droop and AC

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:48:11 EDT 2011

Hello all. After a great weekend of sailing I have two questions. First whenever we sail in wind over about 15 to 20 and the windward shrouds get a little slack our spreaders droop about 5 degrees I think it may be because our shrouds are a bit to loose, but would like some input.
Also we took our freestanding ac unit off the boat, it worked ok but took up a lot of space and was always fighting against itself with the exhaust hose. We have used window unit into the cockpit on other boats, but very hard to get in and out. Would like ideas on the porta cool and
permanent mount reverse cycle units. As always thanks in advance for your help. By the way it was in the nineties on the Chesapeake yesterday.

Bill Flying Goose   324