[C38] Fuel Consumption - not half bad

Marci Brown mb at seafor.us
Thu Jun 2 00:48:50 EDT 2011

Dick, thank you for that 5424 HP info! In April we paid a boatyard in
Portsmouth, Virginia to steam clean our fuel tank, replace fuel gauge and
sending unit, and fill the tank with diesel (among other things like
replacing racor and other fuel filter). We went from Norfolk to Boston on a
'full' tank because the sending unit still didn't work. We were neurotic
about our fuel consumption the whole trip even though I estimated using 0.5
gallons per hour @ 1800 RPM. I wasn't too far off.

Marci J. Brown
PO Box 520549, Winthrop, MA 02152 USA