[C38] Fwd: Larry's starter problem

dmills3 at comcast.net dmills3 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 14:20:01 EDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: dmills3 at comcast.net
To: SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Cc: dmills3 at comcast.net
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2011 11:08:33 AM
Subject: Larry's starter problem

I guess I should have said more in my response on the C38 listserve. If the starter is not responding to the switch or push button it may be a problem with the selinoid.

When I was bringing my boat from Newport RI it had a selinoid problem and wouldn't start when we needed it to in the middle of Long Island Sound.

I know a little about cars and engines and I was able to reach back to the starter with a short screwdriver and jump the large terminal (battery wire) to the smaller terminal on the selinoid and get it to turn over and start.

If that might help Larry, please pass it on. They may want to try a dry run to see if it turns over and if it does, turn the switch on and hit the glow plugs and jump the selinoid again.

My best wishes to them.

Dan #108