[C38] Genoa turning blocks

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:09:36 EDT 2011

I'm considering adding cheek blocks between the cockpit coaming and toerail
just before the pushpit to act as a turning block for my genoa sheets. I
currently have a 155% genny and its longer than my deck tracks so its lead
through blocks snap shackled to the toerail...it works but it's not a
good/permanent solution. Does anyone have this arrangement and or a
suggestion for re-rigging the sheets...and if so, could you send a picture
or two? If I did a double cheek block could I also run the Asym sheets from
there?

On a related note, I need to replace the 155% (but not this year :-( ) and
am thinking about going to a 135%+/-...any thoughts or comments?  Given the
track layout on my boat it seems like the original intent for the sail plan
was for a smaller headsail.

Steve Ribble
Tittravate #64
207/852-0971