[C38] Alternators

Larry Malmberg Larrypi at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 14 17:41:09 EDT 2011

OK, time for a new discussion here.  I have heard, read and been led to
believe that there is little difference between Balmar, others and
traditional alternators and voltage regulators.  I have been looking around
the net at alternators, external regulated, voltage regulators and such and
the more I look the more confused I get.  Tom T. are you out there???  My
Marine Electrician tells me I need a 150 amp alternator due to my batteries,
four 110 amp AGM's for house and one small start battery.  I currently have
a 90 amp alternator and a Balmar programmable voltage regulator.  Am I off
in the wind here or???

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg
Team Hassle