[C38] Thru Hulls

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Fri Sep 23 00:57:49 EDT 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Shakewell type designed thru hulls or the Forespar Flotech?  Im considering closing up four thru hulls and replacing at least 1 of the 3 remaining  with the Forespar all in an effort to find that elusive 1/10 of a knot of boat speed.   The plan is to close up the one under the Vee berth, the head sink, the macerator and the one where the knot meter use to be on the stbd side of the keel.   Then to tee the macerator into the head outlet along with the Head and sump pump,  abandon the head sink alltogether, pull water from the engine intake for the head and galley sea water pump, and use the galley sink thru hull for sink discharge and watermaker.

Also another question I would like input on, for Transpac we had to get the boat measured in the water, the rater then compared our boat with Larry's to see how close they were.  Interesting that our stern was about an inch lower in the water than Hassle.  If you look at Peregrine from the side you can see the stern boot stripe is in the water or very close.   She does not have any other gear other than the radar post in the stern.  I did notice on our last haul out that the skeg seeped the entire time she was out, Im wondering if it isnt water weight or something else.   Thanks.

Steve
#312 Peregrine
Seattle