[C38] Coolant Return Hose

Jay Sorensen jsorensen at novarx.com
Tue Oct 25 12:59:00 EDT 2011

Good Morning Fellow 38'rs!

Well it looks like what I thought was a post overheating head gasket leak turned out to be an almost imperceptible leak coming from a very old coolant return hose coming off the thermostat housing.  Whodathunkit!  Huge sigh of relief here.

In looking for a replacement I'm having trouble finding a molded replacement hose P/N 298841 for our M-30.  I've checked around and nobody seems to stock it.  Is there a high temp flexible ½" id hose out there that others have had good luck with?  Or a source for the molded part?  I'm concerned with it kinking over that very short run.

Any suggestions out there??  Thanks much!

Jay & Dorothy Sorensen

C-38 #311 Broad Reach

San Diego, CA