[C38] prop shaft

Bob Gouley r.gouley at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 7 14:43:07 EST 2011

     Gentlemen and ladies, if any of you have your prop shaft removed, for a cutlass bearing, coupler, pack less seal or any other reason, I would greatly appreciate if you would measure your prop shaft and send the info to the E-mail below.  Please tell me if your shaft is an original silicon/bronze shaft.  My shaft is 47 inches long. Kiwi props tells me that the recommended kiwi prop is 15.5 X 22 degrees and requires one half inch of hull clearance. I can not fit a prop of this size.  Kiwi tells me that 4 cat 38 have this prop.  I wonder if my prop was shortened.  I use a 13 X 13 chris craft prop that has a bushing in it so it will fit the taper on my shaft. This 13 inch prop has one inch of hull clearance.  Any info would be greatly appreciated .

bob gouley
Zephyr hull # 142
St Joseph Island
ontario canada