[C38] FYI on Raymarine speed transducer

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:36:23 EST 2011

For those who has deep keel models with the original Signet speed transducers and are planning to replace them, keep in mind that the airmar speed transducers(at least mine) are few inches taller than the old signets, so if installed in the original location, you won't be able to introduce the tranducer into the , because the distance between the underside of the floor and the thruhull is too small.
I just learned it today the hard way...... don't ask!...... I had to seal  the hole and open another one on the shoal draft location (right behind the small door below the veeberth).
Good thing is that I decided to install it a few days before estancia goes back to the water so I had time to solve it without a huge and disappointing surprise!LOL. On the new location is way easier to take in or out the transducer or the plug.
 Hope this helps in the future!
Max

Sent from my iPod