[C38] Stability Index

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Wed Jan 12 22:18:06 EST 2011

FYI

We all know how stable our boats are and from time to time you will find references on the net that Catalinas are not blue water boats.   I thought I would pass along a statistic I just came across in prep for Transpac.   The ORR (Offshore Racing Rule) has three categories 0, 1, and 2 0 is for the serious offsore races, Transpac is a category 1 and coastal is category 2.   The minimum stability index for Cat 0 is 120, for Cat. 1 115 and for Cat. 2 it is 110.    Drum roll please........ the Catalina 38 stability index is 127.6

Steve
#312 Peregrine
Seattle