[C38] Knot meter location

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 22:53:22 EST 2011

I can't say it's a foot because I'm not near the boat, but my knot wheel is
pretty close to the front of the fin.

Steve Ribble
Tittravate #64

On Jan 13, 2011 10:48 PM, "Steve Smolinske" <SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com>
wrote:

 Does anyone have any knowledge on the location of the knot meter on the
centerline?  Peregrine is in the yard having mushroom mounts removed and
replaced with flush mounts.  I instructed in writing to the yard along with
a photo to place the knot meter on centerline 33% of the distance from the
keel to the waterline entry point.  They have placed it 1' in front of the
keel and stated that is the perfect location and any further forward it will
be subject to disturbance from the bow wave.  (yes they went ahead without
contacting me first)   We are going to talk about it tomorrow morning and Im
hoping someone has some definitive information I can use. Grrrr  Thanks

Steve
#312 Peregrine
Seattle