[C38] Leading control lines to the cockpit

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Jan 17 12:46:49 EST 2011

Steve

I removed all the clutches on the cabin top with the exception of the
spinnaker topping lift.  But I do have my main halyard at the mast and
not the cockpit.    My set up in the cockpit is as follows on Port
outboard moving inboard Cunningham, Vang, Main, Traveller,  On the Stbd
side outboard moving inboard,  Foreguy, Spinnaker Topping Lift,
Traveller,

On the port side  I have a cleat on the cabin top forward of the winch
so as to be able to secure  the mainsheet after  it comes off the self
tailing winch should we see the need to cleat it.   I also made up a
halyard organizer that fit on top of the mast collar, basically a
stainless steel plate cut to the O.D. of the mast and stainless ubolts
welded to the top.   I attach halyards and blocks as needed for routing
lines.

I know that Phil Gay drilled holes  through his riser to allow lines to
come back,

Steve

#312 Peregrine

Seattle