[C38] dinghys

Rod and Patti Headlee ja38 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 17 15:47:40 EST 2011

Hi All,

We have been cruising our C-38 and we have the Achilles 9'6" all hypalon dinghy, it has a high pressure floor with a 5 hp Yamaha. It's as light weight that we feel comfortable with using it for grocery hauling. We had the Avon Redcrest which was way too wet of a ride for my tastes. It stows in the quarter berth at sea or on the foredeck for a short sail to the next anchorage. We have towed it on a bridle in light air with success.

By the way, Joint Advenure is almost recovered from the tsunami. It could have been quicker but we had family duties that called us back to California for a while. We hope to be cruising again at the end of cyclone season. I ppreciated the thread on halyards as one of mine is jammed. We have rope and combo halyards on stock sheaves. I don't think we have the LeFeil rig as ours is hull #12. I could be wrong. I've one more winch to R&R then we'll go up and see what the problem is. The net is spotty here in PPG as is my participation in the club :)

Rod Headlee
S/V Joint Adventure