[C38] Estancia: Before and after!

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:45:52 EST 2011

Hey Don, it was some kind of pushpit... I don't know if this is the right
name... It's some kind of structure that PO bolted to the stern...Thats
where he carried a couple of LPG 20lbs tanks, rear anchor rode and some
other stuff....I looked awful and was that first thing that I took off the
boat as soon as I bought it.......
I totally forgot about your self tailers..... You were using 5/8 hose and
1/4 shock cord, am I right???

MAx

2011/1/19 Don Strong <drstrong at ucdavis.edu>

>  Max: This is such a cool story, inspiring! Gawd, what a mess was Estancia
> before your efforts. You are an artist! Tell me, what was the caboose behind
> the stern, the thingy covered with blue plastic?  Loved your video. You need
> one of our $5 self tailers on your sheet winch. Pics attached.
> Regards, Don
>

> On 1/18/11 10:37 AM, Max Soto wrote:
>

> Check the pics out:
> When I bought Estancia, It was neglected in Punatarenas, Costa Rica...After
> 12 years without seeing the boat sailing, and never leaving the dock, I
> decided to contact the owner, but he was out of the country, so I left my
> number...Then, three months later I bougt a Spirit 28', and fur months after
> that, I got a call from Estancias owner... He said he wasn't able to take
> care of the boat anymore and he wanted to sell it, but I already had a boat,
> so, he put a good price on the boat and I told him to give me two weeks,
> that I was going to put mine for sale. So, I did, put an ad on the news
> paper for the Spirit, got just one call, the customer came, loved the boat
> and bought it, so I went with the money and bought it.
>
>  Estancia was on its way to New Zealand when the PO made a stop here, met
> a local girl, and the rest is history!!!!....According to the PO, the
> original name was Silver Streak, and came from Ventura, CA...
>  Enough said, check the pics!!
> Interior: PO have installed the shelf over the galley...Very helpful, but
> made the interior look a lot smaller.. Check the awefull varnish color, the
> refrigerator that replaces the table, the drawers over the starboard settee,
> etc......
>
>  Exterior: Check the stern pushpit, the hard dodger, hard bimini, no
> furling, and the awesome fenders!!!
>
>  The exterior results look better on a clip:
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KciuE-K-vdE
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Max Soto
> C38 #198 ESTANCIA