[C38] Sailrite sewing machine

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Jan 19 16:31:14 EST 2011

The difference between a "sailrite" and a regular one is a bit more
power and something called a "walking foot."   I have an off brand
machine with a walking foot that never gets the tension right.  My wife
has been so kind as to allow me to use her Janome sewing machine and I
get much better results.  It sews well through three layers of sunbrella
and can handle four.  My problem is like others in that I am not a pro
and my seams look more like an Ant path than a straight line....  But, I
prefer to do things myself even if they would look better by a
professional!  So, I would see if you significant other is a nice as
mine and try borrowing her machine first.

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn,  #114
Great Lakes