[C38] Polars on the website

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Feb 9 09:56:38 EST 2011

I have just uploaded the promised Polars to the Members area of the
website.  It is in the Racing section even though it will help all of us
whether cruising or racing.  It is surprising how much this helps course
plotting and best VMG.   All the calculations are here including tables
and extra plots so you can develop your own given modifications made.

There is also a good discussion and calculation of Static Stability
which buttresses our discussion a short time ago.    While it
mathematically says we can safely heel 61 degrees.... I am not going to
test this!  Perhaps that is something our Transpac folks could test and
report on?

Chuck Finn
Commodore
Catalina 38 International Association