[C38] Polars on the website

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Feb 9 15:02:56 EST 2011

Larry,
It is probable you folks out thataway don't use the same vernacular.
For us, heel is a measurement telling how far that pointy thingy
sticking out of the top of your boat is tilting toward the water.  We
have several ways of spelling it on my boat:

1.  Heel.  This is when the pointy thingy is straight up or a wee bit tilty.
2. Hell. Is what my wife calls it when the tilty thingy is about half
way between straight up and the water.
3. Heal. Is what I do after my wife gets through with me if the tilty
thingy goes much further.

I hope this helps!
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn #114