[C38] Water Leak

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue Feb 15 08:20:41 EST 2011

Larry,
The Mighty Quinn has a check valve in-line to the water heater on the
cold side.  It is located at the bottom of the sail locker, under the
floor that I think we have all cut out to increase access.   I have to
tighten this clamps on this brass fitting at least twice a year.  I
would imagine this fitting exists on all our boats as it keeps hot water
from backing down the lines with the changes in our water pump pressure.
I also would check near the pump for a small expansion tank.  Many of us
added this afterward as it does markedly reduces the cycling of the
water pump.
My wife thinks I should replace all the plastic tubing in the water
system.  She is probably (usually) right.

Regards,
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114
Great Lakes