[C38] Cat 38 dues

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:22:08 EST 2011

Ahoy All,
This is your humble treasurer speaking.  I am soliciting your dues ($25) via email this year.  For those who joined at mid year and paid full price ($25), please email me so I can give your prorated dues for 2011(ssorton at hotmail.com).  I will wait about 30 days and send out snail mail reminders to those who didn't respond to the email request.

At present our treasurery stands at $2051.97.  Our annual expenses are $800 to $900 for the MAINSHEET member subscriptions and about $120 for our web server provider.  The rest goes to promote our beloved boats- like the Cat 38 Nationals, which there is also an entry fee.  We presently have 65 members which five are are Canadian neighbors and one off shore.  So doing the math (65 x $25 = $1625), we are collecting to much money.  So we need to get a National's going, maybe in other areas beside the sunny So. Cal or have regional get-to-gether's, say for 5 or more boats.  These events need to be planned in advance!  Other wise we need to cut the dues.  Any of you skippers have suggestions or ideals, if so please speak up??

My mailing address is, until May:
 Steve Orton, Cat 38
 29651 Wilhite Ln.
 Valley Center, CA. 92082