[C38] Instrument Housing

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 13 20:14:19 EDT 2011

I may be wrong but I thought a leeboard was one of usually a pair of boards
mounted on the sides of a  hull to be used like a centerboard.  Sailing
canoes and kayaks often use these boards because they can't use a
centerboard trunk.

Anyway, that is what I always thought a leeboard was but most of my
nautical terms came from when I was in the Navy many years ago and I can't
use those words in polite company.  However, I don't think leeboard was a
term I picked up in the Navy.  Our words were usually much shorter, usually
just 4 letters.

Tom Troncalli