[C38] Preparing gelcoat for adhesives

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 27 21:04:22 EDT 2011

Hello Steve,

My guess is to lightly sand the surface to smooth it and remove oxidized gelcoat.  After that I would wipe the surface with acetone to clean and prep the sanded surface for the adhesive strip.

I didn't say that was the right way, I said it was my guess.  I have used this method with pretty good results on similar projects.

Tom Troncalli