[C38] Rudder Drop Woes

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Sun Apr 3 21:32:53 EDT 2011

Had a friend out today to help drop the rudder, and it would have happened
except we couldn't get the under the deck tiller from the old wheel off
the damn rudder post!

Amazingly, the four bolts camping the thing together around the post
backed out with out too much trouble, but the big drift pin wouldn't
budge.

We tried heat, PB blaster, brute force, and cunning mechanical advantage
and only the slightest seem opened up between the shaft and the tiller.

I am *discouraged*.

Any helpful thoughts before I cut the damn thing off with an angle grinder?

Thanks!