[C38] Lost the race, got a good clip!

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:22:23 EDT 2011

The problem started with the forecast....    Winds were suppossed to be in
the 6-8 knts range, and ended up with 20 knts and 30 gusts......

Had a big genoa on the headstay, snatch blocks acting as foot blocks ( I
don't have foot blocks installed, and those snatch were the only ones I was
able to use.... one exploded in pieces, so I wan't able to set a good shape
on the sail), lost the 10" winch handle for the primaries, had just a crew
of four and only one has some experience, but not on a boat like ours... so
sail changing was out of the question......... backstay wasn't too tight, so
I had a lot of headstay sag.....

We had a good start, but then I made a lot of mistakes, didn't focused on
the sails and traveller at the start, and let the door wide open on winward
for other boats to pass us by....... Also halyard have stretched by the end
of the race and
I do learn from my mistakes, so next time I'll do better...that's for sure!

My bimini was pushed back against the solar panels... I was going to take
down the whole estructure, but time wasn't on my side... Last year races, I
won them all with the bimini like that, so I didn't make a deal out of
it..... It would have helped me a lot but not on the final results........

Promis I won't let yu down on the next one!!!

Regards,

Max Soto
Estancia

2011/4/12 William Knowles <whk1965 at gmail.com>

> Max Looked like you had a lot of fore-stay sag?
> Bill Flying Goose
>
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Max Soto <maxsoto at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> We just  another race last weekend...Estancia didn't do that good this
>> time.... Fifth on the line, seventh on corrected time.... but at least we
>> had very good shots for the clip..
>>
>> Check it out!!
>>
>> http://vimeo.com/22306444?ab
>>
>> Regards,