[C38] San Francisco Sailors

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Thu Apr 14 03:59:04 EDT 2011

Steve,
     I cannot help you on the SF Bay end but I think this race ends up
in Santa Barbara where we sail. The race can be won or lost on the bit
from Point Conception to Santa Barbara.  Point Conception is known as
the Cape Horn of the Pacific so give it some sea room and respect.
Sailing the Santa Barbara Channel is tricky. It will probably be light.
Give me a call at 805-451-6388 and we can discuss it. One quick tip. Go
to SBYC.org/weather. The 4th item down is Point Magu weather. (that is
the US Navy). Near the bottom is Santa Barbara Channel Swell forecast.
You want to study both of those. We will buy you a drink a the YC when
you get here and show you Macavity which is a bit different. Joe
Launie/Macavity.