[C38] Hatches

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Apr 25 13:30:01 EDT 2011

Max,

Here are the photos of the forward hatch modifications.  What we did was
weld a cross support to keep the lens from flexing when stepped on by
the foredeck crew.  I also had a skirt added around the lid that extends
to deck level so that we no longer catch sheets under the lid when
tacking.    The aluminum did not weld up that great as the impurities in
the casting caused bubbles and voids that are visible, but I wasn't
overly concerned as long as it worked.  And The powder coater also had a
problem with the hatches outgassing and leaving a gritty type of look,
All in all im happy with them, especially since two problems have been
solved.

Steve Smolinske

President

425-227-4500

www.RainierRubber.com <http://www.rainierrubber.com/>

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or
proprietary in nature and is intended for the recipient of the email
only.  Please treat all information contained in this and any
communication with the 4M Company as such.  Thank you.

P Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility