[C38] Hull blistering - ouch!

Larry Malmberg larrypi at live.com
Tue May 3 14:32:03 EDT 2011

In 2009 we hauled out in Marina Del Rey at Windward, the blisters were all
over the place, I have photos if you would like to see them.  Needless to
say, Hassle was on stilts for over a month while the ground out blisters
were dried out, repaired, new barrier coat and bottom paint.  We did do a
racing bottom too.  The last haul out, a couple of months ago, not one
blister at all, she's as smooth as, well you know.  LOL

I do have to give credit to Thomas Lehtonen who was the yard manager at
Windward in 09, he made me be patient explaining that if the bottom was not
completely dry, the blisters that were ground out completely dry and work
done it would be all for naught.  He was correct too!!!!!  My best advice is
take her to a good boat yard, if they want to rush it don't use them, go
someplace else!

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg
Team Hassle