[C38] Going Cruising - Radar and...?

Richard West rw at idea-asylum.com
Tue May 17 13:11:19 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Cyndi and I are going to head off across the pacific this March (Los Angeles
to New Zealand via the South Pacific) and we need to replace a lot of gear
on Legacy to get her ready to go.  One of the upgrades we need to do is to
replace our radar.  We currently have a Furuno 1721 that's served us well
but is getting old.  I'm thinking about the Furuno Navnet 3D.  Any opinions?
 Does anyone have a radar that they like a lot?

We are also going to replace our watermaker (currently a PUR 40) and we're
thinking about the Village Marine Little Wonder.  Any thoughts?

Last question: does anyone have a roller furling main installed?  We're
considering the Furlboom.

As always, your input is greatly appreciated.

Rich, Legacy, #360, San Diego