[C38] Whales have bad breath

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Tue May 17 18:01:02 EDT 2011

I was sailing with some friends in the Irish Sea off the west coast of
Scotland.  Light winds and warm (for once).  Two of us were just
dozing/gazing off the port side when a whale came about half way out of
the water, slammed down and dove.  My friend Colin and I just sat there
with our mouths open.  Our crewmate came up because she heard the noise
and the wave rocked us!  At first she wouldn't believe us as they had
never seen a whale in this area in their 20 years of sailing.  Then....
she wouldn't forgive us because somehow it was our fault she didn't see it!
A couple of weeks later in roughly the same area, we had a British sub
do pretty much the same thing!  Scared the crap out of us and this time
everybody saw it.

And there are people who think all we do is move slowly from one point
to another....
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114  Great Lakes