[C38] Hatch - Our boat will soon have one too! Now - has anyone modified their deep keel?

Marci Brown mb at seafor.us
Tue May 17 19:04:12 EDT 2011

Thanks for the photo, Steve. A structural engineering person once told me
that if 'there wasn't a hatch already there, there shouldn't be a hatch
there' and you have successfully illustrated that "there WILL be a hatch
there." Now, would anyone care to comment on cutting the deep 6'9" keel to a
more manageable 5'6" bulb-type modification (for weight)? It's another
modification that I've been discouraged to consider...

Marci J. Brown
PO Box 520549, Winthrop, MA 02152 USA