[C38] Seafurl grease

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri May 27 00:10:42 EDT 2011

Steve, I have  work with these furlers. Usually they have been assembled with the loctite provided by the manufacturer, so the bolts on the extrusions usually come out
easily... If not, you will have to drill the heads of the bolts and then take the splice piece to a shop for the removal of the remains.
If you are planning to replace the furler soon, just drill through the splice and use regular aluminum rivets. There's no reason why they won't last several seasons.   Mine is a hood 900sl, and all the extrusions are joined by aluminum rivets (special rivets from hood, but the only difference is that the can be riveted with a hammer)
  Send me a pic of your furler, I might have the manual on pdf.
I haven't done it yet, but in cases like yours, I was thinking to cut the wire right on the edge of the upper terminal, then join with tape the new wire without the lower terminal installed (I always use swageless terminals on the turnbuckle side)and push the wire until the new one comes out on the opposite side. If you are lucky and careful, It might work. If not, just start the disassembling process as you planned to....
I'm going to try this on a Harken unit next month.
Hope this helps!
Regards, max
Sent from my iPod