[C38] Footblocks

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:46:02 EDT 2011

Hi everybody,

A couple of yeas ago we discussed the footblocks job and location, which is
all clear to me...  But I'll appreciate pics from those of you who have them
on your boats, so I can check different mounting options..

Didn't find them necessary due to my small 125% genoa, because I lead the
sheet from the genoa car straight to the winch,  but now that I'm using a
140% and have a snatch block that exploded a while ago, I do need to add
them so I can achieve a good sheet angle  with a good lead to the winch.
Also noticed that without the footblock,  the line will rub against the
dodger's side curtain  that I'm planning to install........

Thanks in advance,
--
Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA