[C38] Fuel Consumption

Dick Kilroy dickkilroy at comcast.net
Wed Jun 1 09:55:31 EDT 2011

Steve: Because the fuel gauge didn't work on our passage from Bermuda to Virgin Gorda and we ended up powering for 3 days, we took the sender unit off the tank filled it to the top with the 5 gallon jugs replaced the sender, powered for 12 hours removed sender again , measured space to fuel, and calculated usage. The 5424 used 1/3 gallon per hour @ 1800 RPM. The 30 should not be much more @ that RPM.

Dick