[C38] Smart Plug and rewire of shore power

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:12:40 EDT 2011

About 3 mos ago we installed the Smart Plug on Discreet Charm, C38 1980
and are extremely happy with it. As a bonus to the install, we
discovered that the original 120 AC shore power wiring on the boat was
not tinned, corroded, and a fire hazard. I am almost done replacing all
of that corroded shore power wiring. What a huge job!
Regards, Don

Donald R. Strong
Professor
Dept. of Evolution and Ecology