[C38] Deep keel - 6'9"

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Tue Jun 7 11:38:40 EDT 2011

INTEMPERANCE has the deep keel. We bought boat in Georgia I think the deep
keel is part of what was keeping the boat from selling and helped us get a
good deal on her.

I grew up on the West Coast. To my west coast way of thinking, if you've
got a bottom reading, you're in the surfzone and losing your boat. Sailing
INTEMPERANCE down the GA/FLA ICW was *extremely* stressful for me. A
couple of things have helped me learn to relax:

1) A miss is as good a mile. It takes time to get used to this. But the
water is 8' deep, it might as well be 1000. Sailing over the Little Bahama
Bank, watching the keel knock over conch shells was a head trip!

2) If you have a dinghy our boats are really easy to get unstuck. Tie a
halyard off to the dinghy, gun the engine, boat tips, off you go.