[C38] over heating

PAUL NOTTE panotte at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 10 20:58:51 EDT 2011

Thanks Tom  seawater is backflowing with the seacock in the off position just a trickle, and I can't see any fresh water dripping any where at all . Fresh water dissapears slowly after I add more with the engine off. One of the exchanger tubes has some discoloration at what appears to be a relief valve but no dripping. I want to try the easy stuff first . Of course I am at anchor 150 miles from home . I was thinking a cracked manifold and the fresh water was being pumped out with the sea water. ? I am going to sail to an easer place to get parts tomorrow .
Paul