[C38] Found a good engine here- Is it too big???

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Sat Jun 18 05:01:58 EDT 2011

Max,
     All I know about boat engines is that you have to add diesel to the
tank from time to time or they won't run. The factory put a Universal
M-35 4 cylinder in mine (hull 365 - 1990) It is turning a 3 blade
max-prop and runs fine with about 32 horsepower. I run at about 6.5
knots at 2200 rpm and burn about .5 gal/hour. I have been told it is a
Kabota tractor engine and parts are available around the world. My
mechanic says Yanmar has the better marketing but Universal the better
engine. Joe Launie/Macavity