[C38] seized threads

tdtron at earthlink.net tdtron at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 18 06:42:43 EDT 2011

Hello Paul and group,

My best experience with removing corrosion from dissimilar metals is using
BP Blaster which comes in an aerosol can.  When I overhauled my furler in
the mid '90's I couldn't get the parts apart. I kept using penetrating oil
and impact screw drivers but to no avail.

A professional rigger who happened by offered some PB Blaster and in a few
minutes we had everything apart.

Back then PB Blaster was a new product and very few places carried it but
now it is everywhere.  I bought my last can at Lowe's home improvement
store in an end isle lubrication products display by the tools department.

PB Blaster is a miracle product that dissolves corrosion with a catalytic
reaction.  If you put some in a Styrofoam cup the cup will melt.  Powerful
stuff!

Tom Troncalli