[C38] Jib Wanted

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Fri Jul 15 22:12:44 EDT 2011

Got hit with a micro-burst while carrying full sail a couple of days ago.
Not sure if it was better or worse that we were already back in Lake
Montauk, having turned tail 15 minutes earlier. Probably less scary for my
passengers and more scary for me to have the boat go near knock-down then
big round up in tight quarters. The bonus was after I got the anchor down
to wait out the squall, one of passengers informed me they were having an
anaphylactic reaction to some medication they took before getting on the
boat. All ended fine. Got the customer to shore to a waiting ambo and off
to the hospital, and heard later they're doing fine. So good, no one hurt,
and no one too badly scared.

But, the UV strip on my genoa got tore up pretty good before I could get
it rolled up, which reminds me I've been in the market for a smaller sail
for a while. A couple days ago I found out there's deeper water on the
west side of the channel than I thought, which means I can short-tack out
on a NW wind, but not with a big lapper (Well I can, but it's not fun.)
Plus a spare for when something needs to get repaired (like now) seems
like a good idea.

So.

Anyone got a smaller size jib they want to part with? I've got a Pro-Furl
roller furler with the drum about 22" off the deck, so my luff length is a
little short. If anyone's got a decent sail at a decent price, please let
me know!

-David