[C38] Exhast Mixing Elbow?

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Sun Jul 24 21:47:33 EDT 2011

Next stop on the tour of my engine, the exhaust mixing elbow has a crack
in it and both water and exhaust are coming out. I've never used JB Weld,
but thinking this might be the time to learn.

Of course the elbow and nipple connecting ot the coolant tank look like
they haven't been moved since the boat left the Catalina factory. I've
been putting Liquid Wrench and PB Blaster on at the begining of each day
and hope the heat and vibration is working it in.

Have been having some AMAZING trips. One thing I've learned is that if I
have happy people on my bow, I don't even mind having the engine on, but
sailing is still best!