[C38] FW: 8/14/2011 1100 PDT Hassle update

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Aug 15 13:42:10 EDT 2011

Hi all
I spoke with Larry a few hours ago, he is in good spirits and all is
well. Yippy Yahooooooo there almost home.
He said he could be in long beach as soon as Saturday or Sunday, that
would be nice.
I see from David's email they are out of fuel, but plans are in the
works to go out and meet them.
David and Bruce are looking for a few crew members to go out and meet
Hassle with fuel???

Take care
Tamara J. Summers

________________________________

Hassle called at 1100 PDT and I spoke to Adrian and Larry.

*	Their current position is 36 13.1N 132 09.5W. Please see the map
below.
*	They are out of diesel and are sailing only now. Larry requests
that we meet them when they are about a day out to bring them some fuel.
I'm thinking that the lee side of Santa Rosa may be a good spot. I can
go, are there any other volunteers?
*	The winds are from the southwest at about 10 knots.
*	They are proceeding on a heading of 075.
*	They are still headed directly to Long Beach.

Notes:

*         The indicated track is the rhumb line to Long Beach.

*         The wind barbs are as of this afternoon.

*         The marks with dates reflect Hassle's actual location on that
date.

*         The computer estimate of time to Long Beach is around 7 days.

Parts required:

*	DK - 4 - ANL 150 fuses
*	?? - ANL 150 fuse holder
*	JM,WW - 1 - Starter motor part number is #200948 the engine is a
Westerbeke Universal B M-25XPB. (Kubota)
*	WW - 1 - Push button start switch
*	DJ - 2 - Auto float switches for the bilge pump
*	DK - 1 - Package 10-12 gauge butt connectors
*	WW - 2 - Fuel separator filters