[C38] Lightning/Fire

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:06:54 EDT 2011

Wow!! You are really lucky that you were there early enough to put it down.
If you were able to move her under her own power, that's great news and I
hope that you get your business back on track!

I been looking for some IDEC and Rambler 100 pic for the  last days,  and
just found a few...   Did you see when IDEC was righted???
Hope someone has recorded it and will put it on you tube..

Regards,

MAx

2011/8/25 <david at dlrfilms.com>

> Fellows,
>
> Some of you may have read about the french maxi-tri IDEC flipping off Long
> Island Sunday night/Monday morning.
>
> During the same storm INTEMPERANCE was struck by lightning, setting the
> VHF on fire, which then set the electrical panel on fire and blackening
> the interior.
>
> I discovered the fire mid-morning on Monday, exstinguish the embers, and
> yesterday, under her own power, INTEMPERANCE made her way to the yard
> where she's been hauled awaiting a marine surveyor from our insurance
> company, clean-up, and repairs. I have hopes we'll be sailing Charters
> again by early September. Amusingly IDEC was towed in and righted just a
> short walk from where INTEMPERANCE was hauled.
>
> This is, of course, a set-back, but not a killing blow; either to our
> business or to INTEMPERANCE. She is water-tight, her engine appears to be
> undamaged, and more importantly, her sailing rig appears undamaged. The
> starboard side chain plates will need a good look and the coach roof where
> the traveler and winch are anchored. But I believe she will sail again.
>
> Best to all,
> David

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA