[C38] Lightning/Fire

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Fri Aug 26 13:07:13 EDT 2011

Good thought, and something I'll look into once we're done with our visit
from Irene.

Not too concerned with hidden damage to the electrical system. It's
*completely* gone, save the connections from the battery banks to the
motor (that's geographically and electrically isolated from the rest of
the wiring.)

My main concern is the structural integrity of the coach roof in the area
of the fire. Without cleaning up and poking around there's no knowing if
it's a scratch or a mortal wound...

In any event, our inaugural session of charter sailing was a roaring
success. By mid Summer we were turning down more business than we were
actually taking out sailing. We have some plans for how to deal with that
next year, which I hope to unveil soon!

-D